Do you follow the latest tech like me and want Windows 11 ISO file download link for installation on the PC?
Then your search ends in this post. Ever since Windows 11 was made public by Microsoft, people have been looking for the latest Windows download file.
You can also install Windows 11 on unsupported PCs through their ISO files.
Microsoft has recently released the updated version, Windows 11 22H2 which is 5.1 GB in size.
In the first section, we have the Windows 11 ISO Download links, followed by an official method to install it using the Windows 11 installation tool.
After that we will learn how to install Windows 11 using ISO in a step by step right till we see the desktop.
- Windows 11 ISO Download Links
- Download Windows 11 ISO files
Windows 11 ISO Download Links
Here are the direct download links for Windows 11 ISO files untouched and straight from official servers.
|Windows Version||Windows 11 ISO English|
|Size||5.11 GB (Most Downloaded)|
|Download||Windows 11 ISO English 64-Bit|
||Windows 11 ISO German|
|Download||Windows 11 ISO German 64-Bit|
|Windows Version||Windows 11 ISO French|
|Download||Windows 11 ISO French 64-Bit|
Download Windows 11 ISO files
Download Windows 11 ISO through Microsoft Site
Microsoft lets you directly download Windows 11 ISO from the Microsoft servers. Let us learn to download the Windows files in easy steps.
1. Head to the Windows 11 download section.
2. Scroll down to the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) section
3. Select Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO) from the drop-down menu and click download.
4. After that, select Windows 11 ISO’s language from the drop-down menu and click confirm.
5. Now the download link for Windows 11 will appear. Click on 64-bit Download and the download will start in the browser.
Download Windows 11 ISO using Media Creation Tool
When you want to download Windows 11 ISO and create bootable media in one go, then Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool(MCT) is your answer. It will first download Windows 11 files and then create a bootable USB or DVD, depending upon your selected choice.
1. Download and launch the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft’s official server.
2. Click Accept on the terms and conditions page that appears.
3. We select the Windows 11 language in this section so click Next. It makes selections based on the language used in the current Windows OS.
You can untick use the recommended options for this PC and change language.
4. Select the second option ISO file and click next. Now you will be asked to set a location to download Windows 11 ISO file.
Note – If you want to create a bootable using the media creation tool, then select the first option USB Flash drive after plugging in a flash drive. It will download Windows 11 file and then create a bootable after that.
5. After that the download process will begin and the estimated time will depend upon your internet speed.
6. You can go directly to the folder after the download is complete
Create Windows 11 bootable USB using Rufus
You can use Rufus, a freeware program to create Windows 11 bootable USB and bypass the This PC can’t run Windows 11 error by removing the TPM 2.0 requirement.
1. Download and launch Rufus on a computer running Windows 7 or later.
2. Select a flash drive from the drop-down menu.
3. Click select to locate the Windows 11 ISO file downloaded on the computer.
4. Give your flash drive a name. It can be left to the default name as well.
5. Click start to begin the process
6. A prompt will appear where you have to tick the first option Remove requirements for 4GB+ RAM, Secure Boot and TPM 2.0. and click OK to proceed.
Ticking this option will bypass TPM 2.0 requirement for Windows 11 which will ensure that “This PC can’t run Windows 11” doesn’t appear during installation.
7. Click OK in the next prompt and the bootable creation process will begin. It will be completed in a couple of minutes.
Install Windows 11 on PC using ISO file
We have learned to download Windows 11 ISO files through various methods and also created bootable by bypassing TPM 2.0. Now its time to install Windows 11 on PC using the ISO file.
Restart your computer and boot the flash drive or DVD containing Windows 11 bootable files. Every laptop and desktop have different boot menu shortcut keys. The key depends on the motherboard brand for desktops, while for laptops, it depends on their company or brand.
|Brand||Boot Menu Key|
|Lenovo||F8, F10, F12|
||Boot Menu Key|
Lets boot the PC using the bootable USB we created for installing Windows 11.
1. Restart the computer and press the boot menu key. Select the plugged-in bootable USB drive and proceed.
2. The Windows 11 logo will appear while the setup files load from the flash drive.
3. The first setup screen will appear. Select the language, time and format, and keyboard input format. Click next and proceed to the next section.
4. Now the main installation screen will come up. Click install now to begin the Windows 11 installation process.
5. The main setup files will start loading after a couple of seconds.
6. If you have a Windows 11 serial key then enter in the dialog box. Else, click I don’t have a product key to proceed forward.
7. Select a Windows 11 version to install on the computer. Click Next and move to the next section.
8. Select a partition in the formatting section and click Next to move to the next step.
If you have installed a new hard disk or SSD, then select the unallocated space. It will create a single partition and let you move forward with the Windows 11 installation.
9. Now the Windows 11 installation will begin and take anything between 5-20 minutes, depending on your storage’s speed. SSDs are the fastest and platter-based hard disks will generally take more time unless on RAID.
10. The just a moment.. screen will appear when the installation is finished. It will prepare for the final settings for accounts and other personalization.
11. Select your country from the list and click Yes.
12. The computer will restart to make some changes before the next setup screen appears.
13. Give a name to your device. It will appear in Bluetooth, WiFi and other places where the computer needs to be connected or paired. This is different from your account name.
14. Login using your Microsoft account to proceed. If you don’t have one then it can be created there without opening any webpage.
Click next and the final settings will be configured before bringing you to the desktop.
15. The final settings will be applied as this screen appears. It will be 2-5 minutes before everything is done and we move forward.
16. You will land on the desktop and the Windows 11 installation is complete. Feel free to explore the OS and customize it according to your preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still download Windows 11 for free?
You can download Windows 11 for free from the official Microsoft servers. You can also upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 for free if your PC meets the requirements. Check the Windows update section to get more information.
Where can I download Windows 11 ISO for free?
Microsoft lets you download Windows 11 ISO files for free through their official section as we discussed above. Select the language and you will get a download link that is valid for 24 hours. You can create another link post its expiry.
Over to you
You get Windows 11 ISO download links in this post at the beginning. It is followed by other legal ways to download Windows 11. You can use Rufus to remove TPM 2.0 required for the installation.
Make sure to keep updating your Windows to get the latest features. Big changes and new additions are making to Microsoft’s latest offering every quarter.